Thursday, April 10, 2014

"Cursed in Shadow" by Andrea R. Cooper



CURSED IN SHADOW BY ANDREA R. COOPER

SERIES: Legends of Oblivion #1.5
PUBLISHER: Andrea R. Cooper
GENRE: Paranormal Romance
SOURCE: Author
LINKS: Goodreads

SUMMARY
After defeating the Warloc, Brock, the Elvin Vampyre, takes Celeste to Tamlon to search the prophecies of the four and the Son of Dragons. However, the Elvin city is not safe, even for his witch. The Warloc’s protégé is bent on his physical return to the living. Her necromancy brings forth Brock’s first victim and more. Brock and Celeste must defeat prejudice and power to continue their journey and find Brock’s twin sister, Mirhana.

MY REVIEW

"Cursed in Shadow" was an enjoyable novella I devoured during breakfast. Andrea R. Cooper has a really lovely writing style that draws you into magical worlds and makes you actually believe you're in another place and time. At least for a while. Surely, the charming language used by the characters (especially Brock) helps in this, but the descriptions need to be mentioned as well. I found them helpful in order to have a clear vision of the backgrounds and to get me into the action, always.

I must say that, if my read slowed down at some point during the first instalment, here perhaps it went a bit too fast towards the end, where Celeste suddenly had a reaction I didn't quite understand. Anyway, I've really appreciated how the author re-introduced Brock and Celeste's world to the reader, I had a good time re-connecting with them and now I'm definitely curious to read about Brock's sister and see where the story leads...

RATING: 3.5/5
back to top