Tuesday, July 14, 2015

"Sweet Ache" by K. Bromberg



SWEET ACHE BY K. BROMBERG

SERIES: Driven #6
PUBLISHER: Piatkus
GENRE: NA Contemporary Romance
SOURCE: Publisher
LINKS: Goodreads | Book Depository

SUMMARY
Hawking Play, the bad boy rock star with a good guy heart, has lived a lifetime of cleaning up after his twin brother's mistakes. Hunter most recent screw-up could land Hawke in jail and risk the band's future. Hawke agrees to guest lecture at a local college to stay in the judge's good graces—and a bet with his bandmate to seduce his sexy teaching assistant is icing on the cake. Quinlan Westin is harder to bed than Hawke imagined. She knows his type and is determined to avoid the rocker at all costs—even if their attraction runs deeper than simple lust. Just as Hawke might finally be winning over the girl, his brother has other plans. When Hunter realises his twin finally has a weakness, he'll stop at nothing to take advantage...

MY REVIEW

I've never read anything by this author before, but this blurb had me so interested that I said yes as soon as the publisher offered me the opportunity to review it. It's a good thing that it can be read as a stand-alone, new readers don't have problems following the story and they certainly don't feel lost with characters and relationships. Nevertheless, I personally can't say I was into it much...

I usually love this kind of stories and I can't deny here the chemistry between the main characters or their banters weren't entertaining, but their inner dialogues really slowed my read a lot. I had to put the book down and take a break from time to time because I felt like I was reading the same thing over and over again. I get Quinlan, but even more Hawke's issues and a few tragedies that can't leave anyone indifferent. However, it was like something was always missing or wasn't clicking right for me... I also was expecting a certain resistance from Quinlan to be honest but, I must say, it seems to me like Hawke didn't have to work much after all. At least not when it came to him having his way with her.

Although this book didn't particularly spark for me, I still think the premise wasn't bad, some of the secondary characters were quite enjoyable, and Quinlan and Hawke's attraction was undeniably hot.

RATING: 3/5
back to top